Tiger Rock- Island & Jungle Living
Tiger Rock- Island & Jungle Living
Pulau Pangkor, Perak, Malaysia
- Private Room
- 16+ people
- 1 bedroom
- 1 bed
- 8 Bathrooms
8 rooms in 3 houses are available for private rental which includes accommodation and all meals. The rental rate is based on 2 adults in 1 room for 1 night.
The houses have their own living areas (the Studio shares those of the Main House). In addition they share a large library pavilion below the Main House, and the fantastic pool and Pool House which is fabulously situated with views over the bamboo and jungle. The Pool House is the heart and meeting place at Tiger Rock and becomes the central dining area when all houses are in use. It is stunning at night when candlelit for barbeques and seafood dinners.
The Main House
The Wilkinson family’s private house is great fro families. This is a large colorful, rambling, wooden house built around the traditional kampung style, and is perfect for a family holiday. Master bedroom and balcony, and large children’s room, both with ensuite bathrooms. Rooms are fitted with both fans and air conditioning. The living areas include great spaces for dining, relaxing and playing. Satellite T.V. is fitted and is a useful distraction at times, for the children.
Previously Rebecca’s workplace, is situated behind the Main House. A great airy space with lots of French doors and a funky ‘rock’ bathroom. For larger family groups it becomes part of the Main House, but is lovely for couples who want privacy. French doors open onto a private lawn with wonderful views over the valley and jungle. In the mornings, it is a bliss to open all the doors, lie in bed and snooze with the jungle in front of you.
The Pool House Chalet
This is a separate small cottage that is situated near the pool with its own veranda overlooking the jungle at the end of the pool.
This is great for those who do not want to be far from the Pool, or cannot walk up and down our slopes. It has easy access to the pool & dining areas of the Pool House. For family groups this room is the favourite for grandpa & grandma, but also perfect for a young couple wanting privacy.
The Wilkinsons private guesthouse, is surrounded by mature trees and palms and has views across the sea.. Built after the style of a colonial tea estate bungalow the 4 large private suites, all with ensuite bathrooms and verandas, are fitted with fans and air-conditioning. 2 of these bedrooms have an adjoining door which opens them up as a large family suite. Hill House is made up of 3 pavilions on stone wall terraces. The central living, dining and kitchen pavilion provides a totally open air jungle experience with views through to the sea.
At night, it's fun to watch the chichaks (the common house lizard) catching insects around the lanterns. All the houses and rooms have been decorated individually by Rebecca and David, and show off their collection of artworks, antiques, artifacts and inspiring bits and pieces.
- Cable TV
- Wireless Internet
- Air Conditioning
- Villa Staff
- Chef Available
- Family/Kid Friendly
- Suitable for Events
|Cleaning Fee||no charge|
|Additional Guests||no charge|
50% refund 7 days before check-in (except for travelmob service fee)
RM630.00 net: (Adult) per person per night inclusive full board.
RM300.00 net : (Children 4 years - 14 years inclusive)) per person per night, inclusive of full board.
RM300.00 net : 1 Child in own room ( 3 years & younger) Inclusive of full full board.
RM300.00 net: Every 2 children (3 years and under). Inclusive of full board.
Free of charge : (1 child, 3 years & under) if sharing a room with parents. Inclusive of full board.
RM790.00 net (Adult) Single room occupancy (+ Supplement RM160.00) per person per night. Inclusive full board.
Breakfast, lunch , afternoon tea, dinner, picnics provided. A daily supply of tea, coffee & bar mixed soft drinks that are free of charge. An island tour is included in our rates, as well as drop offs and pick ups to beaches, shopping on Pangkor etc.
Rental rates include meet and greet pickups / drop offs from Lumut Jetty to Pangkor Jetty and on to Tiger Rock. You must inform us of your ETA Lumut in order for us to meet you and escort you over to Pangkor. Please inform us in advance of any dietary requirements, special diets and food allergies.
Peak Season Rental Rates: December 15th 2012/13- February 28/*****/14
RM756.00 net (adult) per person per night inclusive full board.
RM360.00 net (children4 years-14 years inclusive) per child per night, inclusive of full board. RM360.00 net : 1 Child in own room ( 3 years & younger) Inclusive of full full board.
RM360.00 net: Every 2 children (3 years and under). Inclusive of full board.
Free of charge : 1 child (3 years & under) if sharing a room with parents. Inclusive of full board. RM916.00 net (Adult) Single room occupancy (+ Supplement RM160.00) per person per night. Inclusive full board.
No-show: 100% Charged
Within 7 days of arrival: 100% Charged
Within 14 days of arrival :1 night for each person is charged.
- We have 2 houses (The Main House and Hill House),The Studio, and now the Pool House Chalet, available with a total of 8 rooms. Extra beds & baby cots are available. All rooms have air-conditioning, fans, verandas & hot water.
- Ferries to Pangkor Island run from 7a.m. through to 8p.m. daily at every 1/2 hour intervals. On weekends & public holidays the ferry times are not applicable. They run when they are full.
- If you are driving, please park your cars at the private parking lots- there are 2, 1 on each side of the road as you drive into Lumut. They will charge a daily rate from about RM8- RM10 per day. There is also a multistory car park behind the bus station.
- If arriving on your own- please call ahead with ETA Lumut and/or please make sure to get on the right ferry- Pangkor Main Jetty.
- Please call us from Lumut at *****- & we will pick you up from the jetty on Pangkor. Mohan's handphone number is *****.
- There is no government tax or service charge. All prices are quoted on nett basis. - We can arrange a selection of activities during your stay with us.
- There are now flights from Singapore to Ipoh on Firefly and this is also a great alternative to get to us. The car trip from Ipoh to Lumut is about 1.5 hours. If flying from Singapore the car journey is made considerably shorter by flying direct to Penang, & then transfer by road to Lumut.
- The train from KL to Ipoh is now a great speedy option! Let us know your arrival time! - We can arrange transfers/pick ups by road for clients which will be charged separately.
30% deposit is required to confirm the booking. Balance of the invoice is to be paid in full 1 week prior to arrival at Tiger Rock. All payments to be made by bank TT.
We do not accept credit cards at Tiger Rock. Any balance of payments at the end of your stay with us (e.g. alcoholic & non- alcoholic beverages, etc.) can be made by cash. ATM machines on the island enable you to access cash.
NOTE: We accept no responsibility for loss, damage, or injury to person(s) whether fatal of otherwise, or to their personal effects arising from whatever cause. It is expected that guests have effected their own travel insurance against any normal risks associated with travel.
SPECIAL REQUEST CELEBRATORY/ SURPRISE MEALS
You can request surprise celebrations/celebration meals during your stay with us but extra charges do apply. eg. Anniversary/ Birthday Dinner etc. The charges will be billed at the end of your stay unless you request to add these to your full invoice.
Charges: RM100 per person.
Children up to the age of 14 years are not charged however if there are more than 2 children between the ages of 4-14 years RM20 will be charged per child.
Celebration meals are based on whatever fresh seafood/special ingredients are available in the market on the day. A cocktail for adults, and mocktails for children are included in the charge. You can expect the Tiger Rock team to serve your meal outdoors with candlelight and flowers. Please be sure to inform us of any food allergies.
Alcoholic beverages are not included and special requests of champagne can be met if requested in advance. You will charged for house wine accordingly. Guests are welcome to arrange to bring their own champagne or wine.
Birthday Parties for your children while staying with us can be arranged: Charged at RM20 per child with a minimum of 5 children. This will include birthday cake, other party food, and party decoration in the Pool House.
Please note that if you or your child has a birthday during your stay with us & you do not wish to have a special party, make sure you still tell us. Children with birthdays always get cake at Tiger Rock.
ITEMS & CHARGES NOT INCLUDED IN THE RENTAL RATE:
- Alcoholic beverages and any canned or carton drinks.
- Hire of boats to Sembilan Islands & around Pangkor- arrangements can be made as & when needed.
- Hire of guides for specialist jungle trekking- arrangements to be made as & when needed.
- Hire of water sports equipment, jetskis, kayaks, motorbikes, mountain bikes etc.- arrangements to be made as & when needed.
- Golfing green fees & hire of equipment.
- Massage, manicures, pedicures, henna painting- arrangements can be made on booking or a day in advance at Tiger Rock.
- We can arrange transfers/pick ups by road for clients. eg. KLIA, Kuala Lumpur , Penang, Lumut. See the approximate transfer rates below. These are charged separately.
|Check In||2:00 PM|
|Check Out||12:00 PM|
|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
|Maximum Stay||60 nights|